Be sure to subscribe and give us the thumbs up if you enjoyed the video (and any of our content) – thanks for watching!
New video – LG V30+ unboxing
We just got our review unit in from LG and wanted to give you a quick unboxing of this really great looking phone. Check it out, and if you have any questions about this device as we review it, make sure to leave them in the comments on the video or here at the site. Make sure you subscribe to our channel on YouTube so you don’t miss a minute of our tech related content!
Thanks for watching!
LG V30 camera comparison to a RED cinema camera
We got this release from LG recently, where they partnered up with Parker Walbeck to recreate an iconic scene from “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” with both a RED cinema camera as well as the V30, to see how good the V30’s camera really is. Check it out after the jump for all the details…its pretty neat stuff! We can’t wait for the official release of the V30 so we can put it through its paces ourselves.
LG V30 shown off by JerryRig Everything
While we are very much looking forward to some hands on time with the newest flagship from LG (when it finally gets released) – in the meantime, we got the following press release from LG on how they partnered up with the YouTube channel JerryRig Everything to talk about the hardware and build quality of the V30.
LG has teamed up with JerryRigEverything to provide an exciting and deep dive look at LG V30’s build quality. Here’s a link, and below are some notable points to check out!
- 00:17 – 00:52– Shows footage of NYC from the helicopter shot from the V30
- 00:57 – 01:45– Zach Nelson provides an overview of his initial impressions of the V30, S8 design comparison
- 02:37 – 02:43– Durability – glass lens
- 04:45– 06:48 – Discussion around the lens, 10-bit image sensor, and general overview of the camera capabilities and playback features
- 06:49 – 07:08– DSLR Camera comparison
- 09:24– Phone turns back on after re-assembling it
If you are as interested as we are in this new device, check it out!
5 themes from IFA 2017
Now that the first few days of the show are in the books, I wanted to take a look back at some of the major themes from the event. These are themes that would and should impact most of the presentors at the event. Some of the them are positive, some less so. Read on for our take on this multi-day event!
The V30 could be the best smartphone LG has ever produced
One of the big announcements from the IFA mobile tech event in Berlin today was the official unveiling of the LG V30, the latest flagship from Korean tech company. And boy, was it a doozy. Early info on the device from multiple sources is that it looks and feels well made, has a ton of features, and improves in some significant ways on their previous flagship the LG G6 (which is a fine phone in its own right) – in fact, it could very well be the best smartphone that LG has ever made.
LG’s next flagship coming in August 2017
LG typically has 2 flagship mobile phones: the G-series and the V-series, starting with the V10 a few years ago. 2016’s V20 was a larger drastically different from the original version that turned off those that preferred the rugged and audio friendly V10. But the good news is that the V30 appears to be ready to burst onto the scene next month.
[Podcast] Episode 18 is live – February’s Rumor Roundup!
Thanks for listening! Find the Silicon Theory podcast on – iTunes, Google Play Music, SoundCloud
[Podcast] Episode 17 – January Rumor Roundup
[News] Tech events next week
Lots going on next week in the world of tech, and here’s a quick rundown on what you need to know…
- Potentially a new Surface PC – desktop class computer
- Upgrades to the Surface Pro and Surface Book laptop computers
- A smart speaker alleged to be called “HomeHub” (an Amazon Echo/Google Home competitor)
- Maybe Windows 10 software upgrades as well (but Microsoft has another event on Nov 2 as well, which could dive more in depth into their latest software updates)
- Refreshed MacBook Pros with lighter chassis, an OLED touchscreen bar replacing the row of function keys, and as much as 2TB of solid state drive storage
- The new MacBook Pro could also contain only USB-C connectors, replacing the existing USB-A, HDMI, SD card, AND the MagSafe charging connections
- Updates to the MacBook Air line, (although they are expected to be relatively minor)
- According to Engadget, there’s also a report that there will be a new “13 inch MacBook” in addition to the existing 12 inch standard MacBook
- 5.7 inch QHD display, with a secondary display on top of it (for notifications and app shortcuts, among other things)
- Snapdragon 820 processor with the Adreno 530 GPU and 4GB of RAM
- 3200mah removable battery with an SD card slot that supports cards up to 256GB
- All metal chassis and dual rear cameras (one 16MP and one 8MP, for wide angle and telephoto shots) as well as a 5MP front facing camera for selfies
- For audiophiles, the Quad DAC (digital analog converter) inside the V20 promises to produce high quality sound output from the headphone jack into your headphones of choice
You must be logged in to post a comment.